Build a solid foundation for future success with a major in construction management from SNHU
A Bachelor of Science in Construction Management of Southern New Hampshire University is all about learning all facets of the construction industry. You will learn the business, management and engineering principles you need to construct large-scale buildings and infrastructure. The customers served by the BTP range belong to both the public and private sectors and bring together people qualified in a wide variety of trades.
The Construction Management program provides students with a solid education in the basic scientific, mathematical, and technical disciplines necessary for success in the field. These include graphics, surveying, management of construction equipment, materials, planning and estimation, planning and even project management. You will also learn relevant computer applications and software, as well as the fundamentals of business management and construction and contract law. By the end of this program, you will know the construction industry inside and out.
Earn your BS in Construction Management for only $ 10,000 per year
The BS in Construction Management is one of SNHU’s Experience More programs. In these programs, you will follow a more structured and career-oriented path until you graduate. Designed to incorporate industry experience and prepare you faster for the world of work, at least 36 of your credits will be earned through experiential learning, which may include studio work, lab work, courses based on projects, internships or industrial certifications.
You will also learn through a mix of face-to-face classes and online formats. This means less time sitting in traditional classrooms and more time engaging with faculty members as project managers, internship advisers, or coaches.
Do you see yourself succeeding in construction management?
The field of construction is widely diverse, and a Construction Management degree from SNHU will prepare you to pursue many different avenues for future employment. Whether your goal is to pursue a career in the public or private sector, whether you wish to construct commercial, residential or industrial buildings, and whether you are interested in supervisory or technical roles, this program will prepare you for future success.
As a private, non-profit university, SNHU has one mission: to help you see yourself succeed. The benefits of specializing in construction management at SNHU include:
- Supportive community. Join the SNHU campus student community who are closely linked to faculty and staff dedicated to your success.
- Affordability. Our mission is to make higher education more accessible. That’s why SNHU is one of the most affordable private non-profit universities in New Hampshire.
- Innovative programs. Study abroad at little or no additional cost.
- Accessible faculty. Learn from highly trained faculty members who are experts in their fields and interact with you in the classroom, dining room, fitness center, and wherever you need it.
- Opportunity. Take advantage of our national alumni network and strong links with employers for internship and career opportunities.
- Campus experience. Enjoy over 50 student clubs, Division II athletics and fun events on our 300-acre campus in Manchester, New Hampshire, named “Best Place to Live” by Money Magazine.
Internships and results
Graduates of SNHU’s Construction Management Program will be prepared for a wide variety of roles within the construction industry and well equipped with the knowledge necessary for a successful career. Graduates will have developed problem-solving knowledge and skills, technical skills and ethical conduct skills, and will be able to demonstrate them.
With this degree, you will be able to approach construction decisions taking into account global and societal contexts and consequences, especially in situations where these decisions may have an economic or environmental impact on the region.
Upon completion of the Construction Management Degree Program at Southern New Hampshire University, graduates should be able to:
- apply their knowledge of mathematics, science and construction management in their professional functions;
- apply effective research and problem-solving skills in construction management;
- work in multidisciplinary teams;
- plan, organize and control a construction project;
- understand professional and ethical responsibility;
- communicate effectively;
- understand the impact of construction in a global, economic, environmental and societal context;
- recognize the need and have the capacity to engage in lifelong learning;
- be aware of contemporary issues and their potential impact on the construction industry.
Courses to prepare you for your career
SNHU’s Bachelor of Construction Management program includes:
- General Education
- Core business
- Diploma-specific courses
General education program
Our programs are designed to equip you with the skills and knowledge you need to move forward. In recent years, employers have emphasized the need for graduates with higher-order skills – skills that go beyond technical knowledge – such as:
- Problem solving
All undergraduate students are required to take general education courses. Through foundational, exploration, and onboarding courses, students learn to think critically, creatively and collaboratively, giving you the edge employers are looking for.
Basic business program
School of Business programs require learners to complete the Basic Business Program, which includes a variety of business-specific courses. This program focuses on 10 basic skills to prepare you for success wherever you go.
This program is not currently accredited by ACBSP. He can be ACBSP accredited when he is eligible. Information for consumers is available on the College Navigator.